Personal injury attorney James P. Ginzkey has effectively litigated cases throughout Illinois for more than 40 years and has developed a reputation as one of the leading lawyers in Illinois.
Mr. Ginzkey is the recipient of several honors from his peers in the legal community – including an AV® rating* under Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review rating system and selection for inclusion in the Leading Lawyers Network, a designation available to no more than 5 percent of attorneys licensed to practice in Illinois.
Mr. Ginzkey’s case results also speak to his capabilities on behalf of his clients – at the negotiating table, in front of a jury, or on appeal.
Jim Ginzkey helps people injured by the negligent, reckless, or wrongful acts of others to recover reasonable compensation. His personal injury practice focuses on the following areas:
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
- Truck / Auto Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Legal Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse
Personal Attention to Each Personal Injury Case
Jim Ginzkey limits the number of cases his firm takes so that the attorneys of Ginzkey Law Office can give personal attention to each client, helping them through an emotionally challenging time.
He understands the nuances in personal injury litigation, and how to get results. Personal injury cases involve many critical, long-term decisions. Compensation is needed to pay for past and future medical and rehabilitation expenses. Without compensation for lost income or wages, it is very difficult for an individual or family to stay economically afloat. Jim Ginzkey has the experience, skill, and resources to get the compensation you need and deserve.
To effectively negotiate settlements, Mr. Ginzkey prepares each case in anticipation of trial. He has the investigative resources and necessary access to expert witnesses to help prove liability and damages in personal injury cases. He holds a unique bargaining position with insurance companies and their attorneys because he was once in their shoes. Because of this, he often obtains reasonable settlement offers. But if settlement is not obtained, he is prepared to go to trial.
Dedicated & Experienced Personal Injury Attorney
Jim Ginzkey knows his way around a courtroom. He has handled cases in downstate Illinois in the counties of Champaign, Christian, DeWitt, Ford, Grundy, Iroquois, Kankakee, LaSalle, Livingston, Logan, Macon, Marshall, McLean, Peoria, Piatt, Sangamon, Tazewell, Vermilion, Will, and Woodford. With his office centrally located in downtown Bloomington, he can conveniently represent clients in communities throughout the state, such as Bloomington, Champaign, Clinton, Danville, Decatur, Eureka, Gibson City, Joliet, Kankakee, Lacon, LaSalle, Lincoln, Monticello, Morton, Morris, Normal, Ottawa, Pekin, Peoria, Peru, Pontiac, Springfield, Taylorville, Urbana, Washington, and Watseka. View all areas served.
He has also argued before the Illinois Appellate Courts, the Illinois Supreme Court, the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.
In addition to his practice, Mr. Ginzkey has lectured for the Illinois State Bar Association and the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association and was twice appointed to chair the Illinois State Bar Association’s Tort Law Section.
Contact Jim Ginzkey Now
To schedule a free and confidential consultation to discuss your legal options after an injury or accident give us a call 319-821-9707 or fill out the form below:
- Illinois, 1979
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1991
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1991
- St. Mary’s University School of Law J.D.
- University of Illinois B.S.
- Redarowicz v. Ohlendorf, 92 Ill.2d 171, 441 NE2d 324 (1982)
- National Bank of Monticello v. Quinn, 126 Ill.2d 129, 553 NE2d 846 (1989)
- Clemons v. Mechanical Devices, 184 Ill.2d 328, 704 NE2d 403 (1998)
- Pegram v. Herdrich, 530 U.S. 211, 120 S.Ct.2143 (2000)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- McLean County Bar Association
- ISBA Tort Law Section Council, Chairman, 1994 – 1995
- ISBA Tort Law Section Council, Chairman, 2005 – 2006
- ISBA Civil Practice and Procedure Section Council, Past Member
- ISBA Insurance Risk Retention Group, Past Director
* CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.